Deadline: 7 July 2017
The Pretoria based Australian High Commission has called for Expressions of Interests (EoIs) for its Direct Aid Program (DAP), a small-grants scheme which supports non-profit organisations working in local communities on activities supporting sustainable and equitable development.
Women’s social and economic empowerment
Education and skills development
Freedom of Expression
Rights of indigenous people
Strong national human rights institutions and capacity building
Sports for development
Applicants may apply for a maximum of AU$50,000. However, most successful projects receive between AU$25,000 to AU$40,000 (R240 000 to R385 000).
Academic institutions and research bodies may also apply.
• 7 July: Expression of Interest submission deadline
• August: DAP Selection Committee shortlists EoIs and invites a select group of organisations to submit full applications.
• 15 September: Final deadline for full applications
• October: DAP selection committee meets and all applicants notified of outcomes
• November: Grant agreements prepared and finalised
• December: Funds disbursed.
How to Apply:
The application process is in two stages: Firstly the completion of an Expression of Interest which provides high level information on applicant’s intended project. These will be shortlisted by the DAP selection committee who will invite selected applicants to submit a comprehensive application at the second stage.
Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa and Swaziland
Further info: Direct Aid Program